Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Magazine Collection

When it comes to Magazines, I'm addicted... No matter how savvy webzines and blogging gets, there's nothing like buying a fresh new Vogue, Flare or even a Life & Style for my Go Train rides.
I'm no Carrie, but I do have a collection of magazines that I love


Carrie's Magazines on Sex & The City

These Book shelves came from Ikea. This is a "Billy" Bookshelf I used a Label Maker to label these Magazine holders which are also from Ikea and very inexpensive. My collection here are my favorites over 10-15 yrs and to this day I still go back to many of them.
 



I also have a very special collection that I keep protected in my room on a special desk that I have. This is a collection of Magazines that mean a lot to me; who knows they may be worth some $ one day!




I loved Suede Magazine when it was out! I saved every issue I had fortunately, and I always go back! I love the cover stories and the amazing fashions this magazine had.
Look how beautiful the covers are! If you haven't read them, doesn't this cover draw you in?


I have a collection of Hip Hop Magazines with Classic Covers like Jayz, Lil Kim and so many others from back in the day.



These Vogues are most Favorite! I have 2 copies of Black Vogue... I still haven't read through it lol...



 I love Vogue so much that I buy Vogue India, Vogue Paris, Vogue Italy and few more


Arise is one of my new Faves, I picked this up on a trip to Ottawa and this is my favorite cover.


What am I reading now?


Vogue Fashion is amazing it gives you great history of Fashion, trends etc; and Bazaar's Personal Style Guide Is great for wardrobe building, and gives you the tools for finding your own personal style.
I go back to all my my magazines to look at trends for many of my projects. I do purge, but only once a year lol. These magazines give me a lot of inspiration and are great to look at when you want to go back in time and remember some of your favorite outfits!

Thanks for following!


1 comment:

  1. Hello, I admire your collection. I know a lot of time and energy went into perfecting it. I have a collection of my own going. I was wondering if you would be willing to part with one of your Suede magazines, particularly the one with Zoe Saldana on the cover. I would be willing to pay you for it.

    I did not know any other way to contact you. If there is a better method please let me know. Just an offer, so there is no hard feelings if you decide to decline.

    -LeAnna

    ReplyDelete